Recipe from Allrecipe
I definitely will make these again, probably as soon as tomorrow.Ingredients
1 cup water
2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 quarts oil for frying
1/2 cup white sugar, or to taste
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- *** I made the churro's a second time and this time I used an old cinnamon container to make a sugar/cinnamon shaker. I put the churro's in the sugar mixture but instead of dealing with rolling them into the sugar I sprinkled it on. (so much easier)
Pillsbury Cream Puffs
I ran out of Churro's, so I pulled out a can of Pillsbury biscuits.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Cut biscuits into strips. Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Roll drained biscuits in cinnamon and sugar mixture or here are 3 other variations~ powered sugar, chocolate glaze and chocolate glazed filled with vanilla pudding. *** How I made my chocolate glaze in a hurry~ I just melted Wilton's Chocolate frosting in the microwave for about 20 seconds.