I had the best time decorating these cupcakes with Sassy. She was eager to help and couldn't wait to learn as much as possible. I thought the Cupcake Flower Pot would be the perfect project to do with her because it is fun, cute and easy.
I got the idea for these cupcakes from Rhee from the Pioneer Woman's Blog.
I used a cupcake instead of icecream and it worked great. I will definately make these again and next time I will try pudding.
Recipe from Taste of Home
- 1 cup Guinness (dark beer)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whpping cream
- Grease a 9-in. springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat beer and butter until butter is melted. Remove from the heat; whisk in sugar and cocoa until blended. Combine the eggs, sour cream and vanilla; whisk into beer mixture. Combine flour and baking soda; whisk into beer mixture until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and cream; beat until smooth (do not over-beat). Remove cake from the pan and place on a platter or cake stand. Ice top of cake so that it resembles a frothy pint of beer. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Nothing says, "You're the Sweetest" like sugar cookies. And what is better than one cookie on a stick? Two cookies sandwiched between WHITE chocolate. Yummmm. I had a great time passing out cookies to all my SWEET HEARTS. I got the idea for the sandwiched cookies on a stick from," Taste of Home." But I used the No Fail sugar cookie recipe.
Baker's chocolate cake and frosting (1) Bakerella cupcake pops (1) cakejournal (1) chocolate curls (1) Cupcake pops (3) Cupcakes TOH may challenge (1) fourth of july cake pops (1) Marshmallow pop bouquet (2) Marshmallow pops terra cotta pot (1) TOH Thanksgiving Challenge Pumpkin Cheesecake (1) Wiltons Whipped Icing (1)
Baker's chocolate cake and frosting (1) Cake Doctor combos (1) Candy Cane Cupcakes (1) Chili and Lime Dk Chocolate bar (1) Chocolate Chili Cupcakes (1) Chocolate Graham Cracker Cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow (2) Cupcake in a decorative Tin all steps (1) Cupcake skirt (1) Cupcakes TOH may challenge (1) Eggless cupcakes (1) Flower Pot Dirt Cake (1) fondant cupcake toppers (1) French Toast Cupcakes (1) frosting (5) Happy Birthday Ari (1) How to make pedalstals and cupcake box card (1) Lifesaver Candle Holder (1) Margarita Cupcake (1) Martha Stewarts video of the hi hat (1) Michaels 10th birthday (1) PBJ cupcakes (1) Pretzel butterflies and rice crispy balls (1) Red Velvet cake duncan hines (1) Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes (1) TOH Chocolate Guiness cupcakes (1) Tomato Soup Cake (1) youtube cupcake flowers (1)
Taste of Home
Cupcakes TOH may challenge (1) First ToH Challenge Halloween (1) Taste of Home Valentine rhonda (1) Toh Challenge Thanksgiving (1) ToH Christmas Challenge (1) ToH Christmas entry jill german chocolate bars (1) TOH December entry Peppermint biscotti (1) TOH Halloween Challenge (1) TOH Thanksgiving Challenge Pumpkin Cheesecake (1)
My Kids go APE over these Chocolate covered Banana's Freeze the banana's for 1 hour before covering them with the "Magic She...
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart Ingredients Vegetable oil, (for brushing baking dish) 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin 3 cups s...
Step 1. According fold a (9 x 6 inch) crepe paper, each fold should be 1 inch . This is what it should look like. Step 2. Round the...
Marshmallow Boutique Step 1. cut the floral foam Step 2. Push foam into pot Step 3....
Recipe from Cooks.com 1 pkg. (20 oz.) Oreo cookies 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese 1/4 c. soft butter 1/3 c. confectioners' sugar 2 pkgs. (3 o...
I usually make S'more and Rocky Road Pops, but when I saw Bakerella's Cupcake pops I decide...
DELICIOUS! I have a new DESSERT FAVORITE! I used this Whipped Icing for my cream puffs and they were Happy B...
(Recipe may be halved): 2 cups butter 4 cups flour 2 tsp. baking soda 2 cups granulated sugar 2 cups brown sugar 5 cups blended oatmeal ...
Posted by Jackie on Cake Central I found this recipe on Cake Central years ago and ...