9/22/12

Candied Bacon Waffles


Recipe Adapted from Penny Candy Studious
I love the bacon!! I could eat candied bacon all day.

Ingredients
4 cups Bisquick
2 2/3 Milk
2 eggs
2 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoon of the cooled bacon grease
9 slices of bacon
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 325. Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. I usually cut the bacon in half, just seems easier to me. Put brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, then put a slice of bacon - one at a time, make sure bacon is completely coated. After coating the bacon line the Pan with the bacon. Bake for 30-40 minutes, checking frequently. I flipped the bacon over because it wasn't crunchy enough on both sides.
Follow the direction on the Bisquick box. The only change I made was I replaced 2 of the tablespoon of oil with the bacon grease. Let the bacon cool before gently folding it into the waffle batter.
I sprayed the waffled iron with Pam once and use my 1/3 measuring cup to pour the batter.

*** Because I knew I would have extra batter for tomorrow. I decided not to fold the bacon in the batter instead I crumbled 1 piece of bacon on top of each waffle, after pouring it in the waffle iron. I did this because I didn't know how the bacon would hold up in the batter the next day. I will make the bacon fresh tomorrow.
Serve with warm maple syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar
My  husband and I didn't really care for the waffles, we would rather eat the bacon and waffles separately.
My boys loved it.  They would eat it everyday.
The candied bacon was so delicious, I am going to make some cupcakes soon and topped them with the bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Crafts

Popular Posts